THESE RECIPES ARE MY PROPERTY; YOU MAY USE THEM FREELY, BUT YOU MAY NOT USE THEM IN ANY CONTEST OR PUBLICATION WITHOUT GIVING ME CREDIT.

Perfectly Glazed Carrots

I love carrots any way they are fixed.  In fact, I love the raw, too.  But, my family enjoys them glazed as in this recipe.  I created this based upon what I remember my mother doing.


3 pound bag of baby carrots, rinsed
3/4 cup honey
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
1/2 Tablespoon lemon or orange zest
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon pepper


Place carrots in a large pot and cover with water.  Bring to boil on stove top.  Let them boil for 5 minutes, reduce heat to medium and let continue to cook for 10-15 more minutes or until you reach your desired level of crispness.  I like my carrots to have a bit of crunch left, but many people like them very soft.  Drain carrots in colander.  In a large skillet, melt butter.  Add in all other ingredients and mix well.  Bring to a boil.  Add drained carrots.  Mix them around so that the are coated in honey mixture.  Reduce temperature to simmer and cook, tossing around occasionally, for 10 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment